Law Alumni Society
Arkansas Alumni Association
Connecting and Serving the University of Arkansas Family
Established in 2002, the Law Alumni Society was created to foster communications and friendship among alumni, faculty and friends of the University of Arkansas School of Law. The society was conceived in partnership with the Arkansas Alumni Association to enhance and advance the University of Arkansas and the School of Law goals, seeking to make the University a nationally competitive, student-centered research university serving Arkansas and the world.
The society is a chartered organization of the Arkansas Alumni Association and operates under the guidelines of a constitution and bylaws approved by the Association.
In 2002, Dean Robert Moberly defined the purpose of the Law Alumni Society as five –fold:
1. To foster better communications and friendship among alumni, faculty and friends of the University of Arkansas School of Law;
2. To assist in activities that will enhance the School of Law’s efforts in recruiting students;
3. To maintain an alumni scholarship (although the Society is not a fundraising entity);
4. To provide a timeline for law school special events; and
5. To add networking opportunities for career planning and placement.
Membership Opportunities and Benefits
Membership in the Law Alumni Society is a great way to stay in touch with your classmates and faculty, and build new relationships among fellow Law alums.
What do you gain by being a member? You are part of an active organization dedicated to supporting the University of Arkansas and School of Law; you receive information regarding Law Alumni special events and activities; you gain access to networking opportunities, career services and placement activities.
As alumni of the School of Law, your membership in the Arkansas Alumni Association automatically makes you a member of the Law Alumni Society and gives you access to a wide array of benefits and perks. Visit http://join.arkansasalumni.org to become a member today.