Arkansas Alumni Association Freshman Scholarship Application Information
How to Apply
Students must complete all 5 steps in the APPLICATION PROCESS and submit a complete packet by the priority or final postmark deadline. Students submitting complete applications by the December 1, 2014 priority postmark deadline will receive full consideration for scholarships. Students submitting applications after the December 1, 2014 priority postmark deadline and by the final February 2, 2015 postmark deadline will only be considered for scholarships if the applicant pool has not been filled to capacity.To begin the application process CLICK HERE.
High school seniors must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for Arkansas Alumni Association Freshman Scholarships:
- Cumulative high school grade point average of 3.60
- Composite ACT score of 24 or SAT score of 1090 (Critical Reading + Math); superscores are accepted
- Successful admission to the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
The Arkansas Alumni Association awards more than 100 scholarships annually to incoming freshmen. Qualified students who submit complete applications by the December 1 priority postmark deadline are considered for the following scholarships:
Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship (2 awarded)
Finalists’ Scholarships (minimum of 100 awarded, comprised of the following scholarships)
License Plate or “Roads” Scholarship
- A $6,500/year renewable scholarship awarded to the top two finalists in the Association’s scholarship review
Razorback Generations Scholarship
- A $2,500/year renewable scholarship funded by the sale of Razorback Collegiate License Plates
- Awarded to Arkansas finalists in the scholarship review
Alumni Board of Directors Scholarship
- A $2,500/year renewable scholarship awarded to Arkansas finalists in the scholarship review
- Recipients must be UA legacies with a family connection to the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
Arkansas Alumni Chapter Scholarships (number awarded varies)
- A $2,500/year renewable scholarship awarded to non-resident finalists in the scholarship review
- Varying amounts competitively awarded to AAA scholarship applicants residing within chapter areas with scholarship programs
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students receiving a UA Scholarship worth $8,000 per year or more (excluding non-resident tuition waivers for out-of-state students) will not be considered for Arkansas Alumni Association Scholarships.
Application Postmark Deadlines
Priority postmark deadline- December 1, 2014
Full consideration for Alumni Scholarships will be given to students who meet the priority deadline.
Final postmark deadline- February 2, 2015
Applications postmarked after the priority deadline and by the final deadline will only be considered if the applicant pool has not reached capacity.