Applications should be submitted as one PDF that includes your cover letter and resume. More information can be found on Senior Awards webpage here.
Cover letters should explain how you have embodied the Old Main Oath during your time here at the University of Arkansas.
As a member of the University of Arkansas, knowing that accepting membership in this community entails the obligation to be a steadfast, responsible, and engaged citizen:
- I commit to Academics, to seek truth, progress, and personal discovery; and to partner intellect with courage to realize my purpose
- I commit to Integrity, to be inspired by an ethical approach, and to advance with truth as my leader in all facets of life
- I commit to Diversity, to respect the rights of all in my thoughts, words, and deeds in order to embrace an environment of inclusion and acceptance
- I commit to Leadership, to serve with accountability and creativity, and to inspire guidance and direction for a global society
- I commit to Tradition, to call all members of our community to engage in the spirit of our campus while upholding our reputation
- I commit to Community, to serve proactively in an ever-changing society to make a difference as an individual, campus, state, and nation
- I commit to Honor, to uphold the beliefs set forth in this creed
- I commit to being a Razorback
Resumes should show how you meet the criteria of academic excellence, demonstrated leadership, and significant campus and/or community involvement. For your convenience, a template has been provided. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to use a format similar to this. Feel free to use creativity to make yourself unique, but you should acknowledge which activities fulfill the requested criteria. In order to recognize the full spectrum of academic achievement, GPA will be considered separately and should not be included on your resume.
- Examples of Academic Excellence - Internships, Research Opportunities, Specialized Classes or Trainings, Study Abroad
- Examples of Demonstrated Leadership - Elected or Appointed positions, Service on boards, committees, or commissions
- Examples of Campus and/or Community Involvement - Volunteer service, General campus involvement, Relevant Work Experience