The Student Alumni Association (SAA) is a student membership program established by the Arkansas Alumni Association. Created by students in 2003, this student organization is designed to inspire loyalty, preserve University of Arkansas traditions, and establish the bond between the University of Arkansas students and alumni.
Why should you join the SAA
- Resume Builders: Need more campus involvement on your resume? We offer positions on our Student Alumni Board, as well as committee positions for things like Homecoming, Alumni Relations, Membership, and Beat Week. We're also starting "Hearing from a Hog" programs, which offer career-specific networking with Razorback Alums.
- Free T-Shirts: Perks of SAA Membership include FREE beat shirts during the football season! We will be giving away shirts to our members for Auburn, Texas Tech, Mississippi State and Missouri (subject to change - check your email for updates).
- Discounts: SAA Members receive 5% off textbooks and 15% off Razorback apparel at the bookstore. Members also receive several discounts around town, including Starbucks (MLK location), Fayettechill, The Moustache, and Lone Star Hog Outfitters. See a full list of discounts here.
STUDENT ANNUAL MEMBERSHIPS: Annual Student Memberships are $20. You can sigh-up at the link above or stop by the Janelle Y. Hembree Alumni House at the corner of Razorback and Maple. We will also have membership forms at any SAA hosted events or tabling, including: Homecoming events, Beat Week events, Beat Shirt Distributions, Freshman Orientation, Ring Week, and Razorbash.
More About the SAA
- STUDENT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP VALUE: A commitment to student achievement, The University of Arkansas and its traditions, a lifelong relationship with students, alumni and friends.
- SAA MISSION STATEMENT: Student Alumni Association members will generate pride and support of the values and traditions of the University of Arkansas while fostering loyalty, commitment, lifelong relationships and communication with the University's greatest assets, the student and alumni.
- GOALS: The Student Alumni Association aims to meet a minimum of one of the following three goals when supporting programs and events:
- To preserve University of Arkansas traditions.
- To connect University of Arkansas students and alumni.
- To educate students about the Arkansas Alumni Association
Check Out Ways to Get Involved
SAA is a great place for students to learn or enhance organizational, professional and personal skills that they can take with them after graduation. Click above and fill out the Student Alumni Involvement form or check out opportunities with the Student Alumni Board.
Student Alumni Scholarship
The Student Alumni Association (S.A.A.) scholarship gets is namesake thanks to the generosity of Student Alumni membership across the University of Arkansas campus. Every time a student purchases a membership for the Student Alumni Association, $2 is allocated to the S.A.A. Scholarship Fund. Click here
for an application.
Feel free to direct any questions about the SAA to email@example.com or 479.575.3591.