Andrew J. Lucas Alumni Service Award
2016 Andrew J. Lucas Alumni Service Award Recipient
Kenny Gibbs BSBA'85
Senior Vice President - Wealth Management, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc.
The purpose of the award is to acknowledge significant contributions of time and energy on behalf of the University or the Alumni Association. Nominations are submitted by anyone including alumni, friends, and staff members for committee consideration; candidates must meet the criteria to be eligible. Award selections are made by a subcommittee of the Alumni Board of Directors and all selections are ratified by the Board of Directors at their May board meeting.
• The Outstanding Alumni Service Award should be recognized as a method by which the Alumni Association acknowledges significant contributions and services to the University.
• Service awards should be awarded to those who have made significant contributions of time and effort to the association or the University.
• Awards do not have to be made each year, but the policy of awarding no more than two recipients per year should be followed.
• The Service Award will not be conferred in absentia if the recipient is living; however, the Service Award may be conferred posthumously.
• The recipient must be a graduate or have been a former student of the University of Arkansas.
• The recipient must be an active member of the Alumni Association.
• A letter should be submitted indicating the significance of the service rendered to the association by the nominee, along with a detailed list of his or her accomplishments.
• The Alumni Office will maintain a continuous file on all nominations; however, the awards committee may remove any recommended individual from the file at its discretion.
Andrew J. Lucas Alumni Service Award Recipients