Citation of Distinguished Alumni
The purpose of this award is to recognize exceptional professional and personal achievement and extraordinary distinction in a chosen field. Nominations are submitted by anyone including alumni, friends, and staff members for committee consideration; candidates must meet the criteria to be eligible. Award selections are made by a subcommittee of the Alumni Board of Directors and all selections are ratified by the Board of Directors at their May board meeting.
• The awarding of the Citation of Distinguished Alumni (CDA) should be recognized as a method by which the Alumni Association acknowledges exceptional achievement.
• The CDA should be awarded to those who have achieved extraordinary distinction in their chosen field.
• The policy of awarding no more than three recipients per year should be followed.
• No CDA will be conferred in absentia.
• The recipient must be a graduate or have been a former student of the University of Arkansas.
• No personal shall be recommended for the CDA while a candidate for public office.
• Recommendations for the CDA Award are received by the alumni office and made available to the awards committee. These recommendations can be made by alumni faculty, staff and friends of the University of Arkansas.
• A letter should be submitted indicating the importance of the achievements of the nominee along with a biographical sketch giving the training, experiences, and activities, etc.
• The committee maintains a continuous file on all nominations.
Citation of Distinguished Alumni Award Recipients