Community Service Award
2016 Community Service Award Recipient
Carl Collier, Pharmacy '64
Collier Drug Stores, Inc.
The purpose of the award is to recognize unselfish and extensive service by alumni to their community and to humankind. Nominations are submitted by anyone including alumni, friends, and staff members for committee consideration; candidates must meet the criteria to be eligible. Award selections are made by a subcommittee of the Alumni Board of Directors and all selections are ratified by the Board of Directors at their May board meeting.
• The award will be given to individuals who have contributed exceptional service to their communities.
• Their service must have been performed on a volunteer basis or through professional involvement.
• The policy of awarding no more than two recipients per year should be followed.
• No award will be given in absentia.
• The recipient must be a graduate or have been a former student of the University of Arkansas.
• Recommendations for the Community Service Award are received by the alumni office and made available to the awards committee. These recommendations can be made by alumni faculty, staff and friends of the University of Arkansas.
• The committee maintains a continuous file on all nominations.
Community Service Award Recipients