Alumni Legacy Scholarship
Legacy Scholarships are only available to students residing outside of the state of Arkansas.
Applications are now being accepted for fall of 2017.
The Alumni Legacy Scholarship covers a portion of the difference between out-of-state tuition and in-state tuition and is offered to qualified undergraduate non-resident students
(including international students) who are connected to the University of Arkansas, in one of the following ways:
- Child of a UA graduate — At least one parent is a graduate of the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville and is a current member of the Arkansas Alumni Association. Please verify the membership status of your legacy connection prior to submitting an application.
- Relative of a UA graduate — A grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling or spouse is a graduate of the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville and is a member of the Arkansas Alumni Association. Great-grandparents, great-aunts, great-uncles and cousins do not qualify as legacy connections. An older sibling who is enrolled in his/her final year at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville and is a student member in the Arkansas Alumni Association can serve as a legacy connection.
A special note to students who qualify for the New Arkansas Non-Resident Tuition Award Scholarship (NRTA) through the University of Arkansas:
The Legacy Scholarship and NRTA offer the same partial non-resident tuition waiver and same renewal requirements. In the event that a student qualifies for both the NRTA and the Legacy Scholarship, students must choose which will show on the student's account. Students may not have both awards. For additional information about the NRTA, please visit the Academic Scholarships webpage
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Students entering the UofA beginning fall 2017 must meet minimum admissions criteria (20 ACT/1020 SAT-redesign and *3.00 high school grade point average) and be admitted as degree-seeking students to the University of Arkansas.
- New transfer applicants must have a cumulative college grade point average of 3.00 or higher on all attempted college course work. Additionally, transfer students must have at least 24 semester hours of transferable credit.
- New transfer applicants with fewer than 24 hours of transferable credit must meet both the entering freshman and transfer student requirements
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate program of study. Graduate students are not eligible to receive the Legacy Scholarship.
- A student who does not meet the eligibility criteria at the time of enrollment cannot become eligible in a future term.
* High school GPA must be a 3.00 following recalculation by the University of Arkansas Office of Admission. GPA on high school transcript may not equal the recalculated GPA.
New Freshman Admits Enrolling for Summer 2017 or later
|| 3.60 GPA and 30 ACT / 1390 SAT (Redesigned) or 1320 SAT (Pre-March 2016)
|| 3.40 GPA and 28 ACT / 1310 SAT (Redesigned) or 1240 SAT (Pre-March 2016)
|| 3.00 GPA and 20 ACT / 1020 SAT (Redesigned) or 930 SAT (Pre-March 2016)
* High school GPA must be a 3.00 following recalculation by the
University of Arkansas Office of Admission. GPA on high school
transcript may not equal the recalculated GPA. See the University of Arkansas SAT Redesign policy for more information.
New Transfer Admits (Summer/Fall 2016 and later)
Transfer students must have completed at least 24 credit hours with a 3.30 or higher cumulative
transfer GPA will receive an Alumni Legacy Scholarship that pays 90% of
the difference between the in-state and out-of-state tuition. Transfer
students with a 3.00-3.29 cumulative transfer GPA will receive an Alumni
Legacy Scholarship that pays 80% of the difference between in-state and
|| 3.30 or higher cumulative transfer GPA
|| 3.00 or higher cumulative transfer GPA
Students must complete 24 or more credit hours each academic year (Fall + Spring semesters) and maintain a 2.75 or higher cumulative GPA to keep the Legacy Scholarship. Renewal requirements are verified at the end of the spring semester. Students do not need to reapply each year.
How To Apply
Students must be admitted to the University of Arkansas with official test scores and transcripts on file. The legacy connection MUST be a current Arkansas Alumni Association member at the time of application and continue membership through the time the scholarship is being awarded. If the legacy connection is a sibling who is a student completing their final year toward graduation at the University of Arkansas, and is a student member of the Arkansas Alumni Association, the sibling must transfer to a regular membership after graduation throughout the time they are serving as a legacy connection.
Applications must be submitted electronically by completing the Legacy Scholarship Online Application.
Contact the Assistant Director of Alumni Scholarships by calling 479-575-6391, or emailing the Alumni Scholarship Program office.