Founded in 1995 by alumni and friends of the University of Arkansas Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences (DBCAFLS), the society is a chartered organization of the Arkansas Alumni Association.
The society operates under the guidelines of a constitution and bylaws approved by the Arkansas Alumni Association.
The society's mission is to promote communication and friendship among alumni, faculty and friends of Bumpers College by providing a forum for information exchange through organized events and other activities.
Donate online and help Bumpers College Alumni Society increase the endowed amount for our Rising Senior Scholarship! Help us reach our goal of $25,000, allowing this award to be dispersed annually without the need of supplemental donations.
From Penny Storms, President:
Thanks for visiting Bumpers College Alumni Society webpage. I am proud to represent you as president of our alumni society. Through our webpage, we hope to connect alumni, faculty and students and build lasting bonds that will deepen our commitments both to Bumpers College and the work we do that helps change the world. I believe these are exciting times and I am glad to be involved and hope that you will become involved too. We would love your input and support in growing our society and increasing our reach.
Membership in the Arkansas Alumni Society gives you the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on students on campus now. You can also reconnect with students and faculty from your college, days not to mention access to a number of discounts locally, nationally and internationally. And of course, it is one of the very best ways to show your Arkansas Pride!
You will find resources here that will help you learn about our society and what we do as well as how to join. You can click on a list of upcoming events that you can be a part of and share your Razorback spirit. Your board of directors and I look forward to working with you in making our society strong and active. We hope to hear from you very soon.
Rising Senior Scholarship
We are working to endow the Rising Senior Scholarship through alumni donations -that fund is currently at $17,000.
The society's purpose shall be:
- To foster communication among alumni, former and present students, faculty and friends, through events and other activities
- To perpetuate and foster friendship and goodwill among its members
- To promote activities that would help recognize the importance of the professions within Bumpers College
- To act as a conduit for the interchange of dialogue between the society and Bumpers College
- To foster the development and maintenance of current and future scholarships and other assistance programs
You are eligible to join the DBCAFLS Alumni Society if you are:
- A graduate of the University of Arkansas with a degree from Bumpers College
- A friend of Bumpers College
- An employee of the Cooperative Extension Service
- A faculty/staff member
Membership Opportunities and Benefits
Membership in the DBCAFLS Alumni Society provides you with opportunities to:
- Be part of an active organizaiton supporting the U of A Bumpers College
- Meet and socialize with others with similar educational experiences and vocational interests
- Receive special communications from the DBCAFLS Alumni Society and Bumpers College
- Recruit students for Bumpers College
- Sponsor programs that enhance student and faculty growth
- Experience exciting social events by receiving special invitations to DBCAFLS activities such as pre/post-game events and other events
- Enjoy the added benefits of membership in the Arkansas Alumni Association
How to join the DBCAFLS Alumni Society
You automatically become a member of the DBCAFLS Alumni Society when you become an active member of the Arkansas Alumni Association. Join online or call 479.575.2801 to become a member today.
Membership in the Arkansas Alumni Association includes membership in the DBCAFLS Alumni Society. Stay connected, get involved and join today