The Senior Honor Citation was established in 1965 honoring the top undergraduate senior man and woman. Awardees are announced and recognized with a $500 cash prize and a Life Membership in the Arkansas Alumni Association at a luncheon with the Arkansas Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Criteria for the Citation includes:
- academic excellence
- demonstrated leadership
- significant extracurricular
- campus and/or community involvement
Undergraduate students must graduate as members of the Class of 2013
(Graduating August '12, December ’12, or May ’13)
There is no application form; however, each applicant must submit the following typewritten materials by Monday, March 25, 2013.
1. A one-page cover letter that includes:
2. A resume with appropriate dates to include:
- Statement addressing the meaning of his or her education at the university.
and Kayln Williams
- Future aspirations and how the U of A education and extracurricular involvement has helped prepare
him or her for these goals
- International study or travel experiences
- Expected degree fields and G.P.A.
- Educational background
- Work experiences including internships
- Honors and scholarships
- Campus and community activities designating all leadership roles
- Professional activities (presentations, performances, and publications)
- Listing of two advisor/faculty/staff references (include names, addresses, and campus telephone numbers)
- Two recommendation letters of support (to arrive by 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 28. One should be academic and one should be someone from the community.
All material should be mailed, e-mailed or hand delivered to:
Senior Honor Citation Committee
Arkansas Alumni Association
PO Box 1070
Fayetteville, AR 72702-1070
Janelle Y. Hembree Alumni House
Razorback Road @ Maple Street
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Questions? Contact Debbie Blume at 479.575.6476 or email@example.com
Click here to see a list of Senior Honor Citation Previous Recipients.
Click here to display a PDF of the 2013 guidelines or 2013 official brochure.