The following code is one that everyone who plans on volunteering with the Arkansas Alumni Association should consider before agreeing to the responsibility:
- Keep the interest of the Chapter, Society and/or Association foremost in mind when providing assistance and avoid any and all conflicts of interest. There is no organizational cause greater than the Association and its mission, vision and values.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Arkansas Alumni Association and ask for clarification if you do not understand them. Contribute positively to the Association.
- Serve as a positive Association and University representative and conduct yourself in an appropriate, professional manner.
- Strive to achieve the highest quality, effectiveness and dignity in both the process and products of volunteer work without promoting any self-interest or personal gain.
- Be honest and trustworthy and be in full, open and honest communication and do so in a responsible and respectable way.
- Honor and respect other volunteers, be fair and do not discriminate. Acknowledge and respect the contributions, talents, efforts and dignity of all who participate and treat them equally as peers.
- Keep your word - do what you say you will do. Say yes only when it truly works for you to do what is requested and agree to participate 100% in whatever assignment you undertake.
- Get clarity when you do not understand something by noticing when you want and need information and support, and do what you can to ask the appropriate person for it.
- If you do not agree with an idea or action, you will present your concerns in an appropriate forum or to someone who can do something about it.
- Do not be afraid to admit you do not know something. Find clarity from the appropriate person before taking action on items you do not understand.
- Strive to create satisfaction and enjoyment for yourself from your participation and involvement experience!
The success of the Arkansas Alumni Association depends upon volunteers nationwide in a variety of programs. The Association values its volunteers and works to create services and programs to support and enhance their involvement. However, volunteers of the Arkansas Alumni Association conducting themselves in a manner inconsistent with the Association's mission or this code, may be removed from the list of volunteers. In extreme circumstances, volunteers will be forced to spend eternity listening to "Rocky Top."